This being my first post I decided to keep it simple and throw out a few thoughts on things that have been bugging me lately. I am not an accredited journalist, I don't hold any advanced degrees in sports journalism or media studies. I'm simply an enthusiastic young man with a 6th grade education and an abiding love for all things cleveland sports related.
- Nice to see Mo Williams get the All-Star nod after being passed over twice. When Mo was initially passed, Lebron called it a slap in the face and disrespect to Cleveland and the Cavs. I'm glad Lebron took that stance, but was surprised seeing how as he wore a Yankees cap to a playoff game a few years back.
- I found A-Roid's apology to be a complete slap in the face to the fans of baseball. When he said he was trying to live up to the pressures of being the highest paid player he was essentially blaming the fans. Furthermore, he passed it off as the thing to do during the time and claimed he was young a naive. He was roughly 27 at the time and when you are that age you have passed the point of being "young and naive". A-Roid you are never going to be anything but a giant stat-monger in the history of baseball. Oh and by the way, your pink lipstick and orange skin are ridiculous looking.
- Mike Brown's rotations are starting to bewilder me. I understand the need to rest LBJ now while you can, but try to make an adjustment from your mapped out time sequences on your note card. You don't have to sit Lebron the start of every 4th quarter. Why not just try using some of the moment from the 3rd quarter to put the opposition away early in the 4th? I'm a firm believer of crushing the spirits of the opposing team as soon as you can, probably because I've seen it happen to our teams so often. That said, I loved his rant after the Pacer's game last night. Anytime a coach trashes Joey Crawford I'm all for it.
- Are the Brown's still an organization? The last time Berea was so quiet this time of year Modell was setting up shop in Baltimore and shopping for the ex-con's who would form the face of the franchise.
- I HATE Roethlisberger and can't believe he won a 2nd Super Bowl. How the officiating crew managed to miss crucial calls is beyond me. This is twice the team with the mustached female fan base (seriously look at the ladies they have at their games) has benefited from poor officiating.
- I hope the Cavs regroup over the All-Star break and come back focused on using some their anger towards finishing strong. The only person I would trade for would be Marcus Camby, otherwise I would sit tight and see what this roster can do. When healthy I think they can compete with anybody and would take them in any seven game series.